Inclusivity in the Outdoors
California Outdoor Recreation Partnership, with support from Outdoor Alliance and Outdoor Industry Association, is pleased to host our Sacramento Summit for outdoor recreation policy. On September 9, hundreds of outdoor recreation enthusiasts will be participating in the 3rd annual Sacramento Summit. Businesses and organizations will be meeting for a virtual advocacy day to hear from state policymakers, legislators, and decision-makers. Summit participants will engage in and drive conversation to protect public lands and advocate for equitable access, environmental justice, climate resilience, and economic recovery.
• Advocate for equitable access, climate resiliency, and funding for outdoor recreation infrastructure.
• Discuss the role of investment in outdoor recreation infrastructure as a key tool for post-COVID economic recovery.
• Connect the California outdoor recreation community with stakeholders, state agency leaders and key legislative members and continue to build state-level government relationships.
• Networking opportunities for members.
During the legislative calendar, we tracked and actively supported:
• AB 3030, which would have declared for California to protect at least 30% of the state’s land areas and waters by 2030 and increase access for people of color and economically disadvantaged communities.
• AB-3256 - Economic Recovery, Wildfire Prevention, Safe Drinking Water, Drought Preparation, and Flood Protection Bond Act of 2020.
• SB-1296 - Natural resources: the Nature and Parks Career Pathway and Community Resiliency Act of 2020.
Advocacy Day Activities:
• Remarks from Policymakers and Outdoor Recreation Advocates
• Coffee Networking Event - Sponsored by Wild Barn Coffee
• Panel Discussions
• Mock Lobby Breakout Session
• Happy Hour Networking Event - Sponsored by Sufferfest Beer Company
Registration is free for California Outdoor Recreation Partnership, Outdoor Alliance, and Outdoor Industry Association members! Not a member of CORP or OA? Non-members can participate in the event by purchasing a ticket for $11+ fees.